There are people who simply build their kitchen equipment themselves. This is inexpensive and you can implement your own ideas. If you also want to build a wall unit for the kitchen yourself, you should have some manual skills.
What you need:
- 1 * Jigsaw
- 1 * Drill
- 2 x veneered chipboard 2 cm x 100 cm x 50 cm A 1 and A 2
- 4 * Shelf Holders
- 2 x veneered chipboard 2 cm x 50 cm x 80 cm B 1 and B 2
- 1 x wood drill bit 5 mm
- 2 x Screw Hinges
- 1 x door handle
- 1 x Can of Wood Glue
- 1 * Wood Screws
- 1 * hammer
- 1 x small nails
- 2 x hangers
Cut the upper cabinet for the kitchen
With these instructions you can very quickly create a wall unit for the build your own kitchen .
- To make the wall unit for the kitchen, first cut side panels A 1 and A 2 out of veneered chipboard. These two panels are each provided with four shelf holders. Two pieces each at 30 cm and two pieces at 60 cm, the shelf holders are 10 cm from the respective side edge in the turned wood .
- Now the top and bottom plates B 1 and B 2 are also cut from veneered chipboard. Drill 4 holes in each of the 50 cm sides 1 cm from the outer edge. The holes are 10 cm apart from each other. The plates will later be screwed together through these holes.
- Next, cut the back panel from 5mm thick cardboard to 80cm x 100cm. The back wall is later nailed to the back with small nails.
- Then cut the two shelves made of veneered chipboard C 1 and C 2. Then you only have to cut the door made of veneered chipboard to the dimensions 1 cm x 100 cm x 80 cm and the cut for the wall unit in the kitchen is ready.
The dish rack is completed
- Now take the side parts A 1 and A 2 and glue both parts between the head and foot plates B 1 and B 2. When you have glued the parts, take the long wood screws and screw the parts together. Make sure that the shelf supports face inwards.
- Now take your two screw hinges and screw them both to the left inner side panel. A hinge comes 20 cm from the top edge and a hinge comes 20 cm from the bottom edge.
- Next, screw the door to the hinges for your wall unit that is to go into the kitchen. When the door is fixed, you can already screw on your door handle, which you previously bought for the wall cabinet together with the screw hinges and the hangers in your trusted hardware store.
- When all of these pieces are attached to your kitchen wall unit, use small nails to nail the back together. Leave a 2 cm x 2 cm gap in the upper left and right corners.
- Screw the two hangers for your wall unit into this recess. Then all you have to do is insert the shelves and your wall unit for the kitchen is ready.
Before screwing in the wood screws, apply some wood glue to the threads.