Lego bricks have been popular with children for generations. They offer a lot of fun and creativity. As a theme for a children’s party, you combine your favorite toy with the celebration and are guaranteed to score points with your children and guests. Highlights are the Lego cake and a pinata.
What you need:
- Materials for the pinata:
- masking tape
- White paper
- Ingredients for the cake:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 glass of oil
- 1 glass of mineral water
- 4 eggs
- Jam, nougat cream or chocolate icing
- Icing, marzipan or fondant
- Materials for the games:
- Lego bricks
- Lego duplo brick
- lockable glass
- Colored pencils or felt-tip pens
In order to create a successful Lego party, you should prepare a few things. Make the pinata a few days in advance, prepare the games and bake the cake on the day of the party in the morning.
How to make a Lego pinata
A pinata is a great ending to the Lego kids’ party. It’s very easy to make:
- Take a cardboard box about 47x32x19 cm in size. Of course, you can also use a smaller or larger box, but you should then adjust the size or number of knobs accordingly.
- Cut out six strips of cardboard about 30 cm long and 4.5 cm thick, connect the ends to form circles.
- Attach these circles to the cardboard with masking tape. They represent the nubs of the Lego brick.
- Mix equal amounts of water and flour and pull the paper through.
- Lay several layers of papier mache on top of the cardboard and let the pinata dry
- Then paint them with paint and fill them with candy.
- Hang the pinata from a tree.
How to bake a simple Lego cake
For the cake, use a simple pot pie recipe:
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them into a smooth dough.
- Grease a deep baking tray and pour in the batter.
- Bake the cake in a convection oven at 180°C for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down.
- Cut out two equal square pieces.
- Spread jam, chocolate icing or nougat cream on the first piece.
- Place the second piece on top.
- Use round cutters to cut out the knobs of the Lego cake from the rest of the cake and glue them to the cake with jam or something else.
- Cover the entire cake with colored icing. If you are very skilled, you can also use marzipan or fondant.
How to prepare for the games
- An ideal game for the party is the “guessing game”. The children should think about how many stones are in a container. Fill a glass with different Lego bricks. Don’t forget to count. It is best to write down the number on a separate piece of paper.
- The children should think about how many stones are in a container. Here the children should touch objects that are in a box. To make matters worse, the box also contains Lego bricks. For this game, cut a hole in the side of a box. Fill the box with Lego bricks and add the objects to be felt. A small ball, a ruler, a mobile phone and much more are suitable for this.
- Building in competitions can also be on your game plan. The children should build figures as quickly as possible. To do this, draw Lego figures on paper as if they were made of Lego. Alternatively, you can also build figures and then photograph them.
- To host a tower building contest, you should think of a parkour. The children can crawl under something, walk over something and run a slalom. The target should have a flat area to build on.
This is how your Lego party could go
- Before the guests arrive, set and decorate the table. Small Lego bricks in different colors are suitable as decoration. The children can also use these to build something in between.
- When all the guests are there, the Lego cake will appear. Of course, all children are allowed to access it with courage.
- Enough sitting, now the children can move around. Put a box of Lego Duplo bricks at the start and let the kids race. They should take as many stones as possible out of the box, run through the parkour and build a tower at the finish. You stop time. Depending on the length of the parkour, 2 to 5 minutes are appropriate. Whoever builds the tallest tower without tipping over wins.
- Meanwhile, the children who are not in the race guess the number of stones in the jar and feel the objects in the box. They write their guesses on a named piece of paper they give you.
- When building the figures, all children should sit at the table. Everyone gets the same number and shape of Lego bricks. Show the picture or drawing with the character up. Now everyone is trying to replicate them correctly as quickly as possible. Whoever finishes first wins that round.
- As the last game, everyone can let out their remaining energy on the pinata. It is best for the children to line up one after the other. Now everyone takes turns hitting the pinata once with the stick and then getting in line again. This will ensure that the children do not hurt each other.
- Now comes the award ceremony. The winners of the competitions are honored, those who have correctly felt all objects from the feeler box and those whose guess is closest to the number of stones from the glass.