Autumn decorations in kindergarten are very important, as the children get to know the individual seasons and can find out which season or which event is currently on. Garlands in the fall are bold, look good and decorate the nursery.
What you need:
- colorful leaves from nature
- Stencils on the theme of autumn
- construction paper
- kitchen roll
Autumn decoration in the kindergarten with garlands
- First you look for the autumn decorations with the children from the kindergarten in the forest. Children will certainly find many colorful leaves from oak, chestnut, beech, birch and other trees.
- Then it is important to dry and press these in the nursery so that they do not curl or look good for longer.
- To dry, place the leaves in books and then place heavy books or other weights on top.
- After about a week you can take out the pressed leaves and use them for autumn decorations.
- In the meantime, you can use autumn templates such as hedgehogs, apples or leaves to create colorful autumn figures with the children out of construction paper. Draw these on cardboard, cut them out and design several templates for the children, which are then transferred to the construction paper and cut out.
- When the construction paper figures and the leaves are finished, you can punch them, thread the twine through them and knot them together at short intervals to create a long garland.
- Now you can hang up the autumn decorations in the kindergarten.
More ideas for a garland in kindergarten
- Ghosts, pumpkins and witches are great in autumn to make Halloween or a ghost festival magnificent.
- Little ghosts are made out of newspapers and paper towels. To do this, the children crumple the newspaper into a ball, then put the kitchen roll paper over the newspaper ball and tie it together with wool at the bottom of the ghost’s neck. Now the eyes and the mouth of the ghost can be painted on it.
- These little ghosts are hung at intervals on a long garland as described above.
Depending on your wishes and plans, you can make different garlands that offer the kindergarten an autumn decoration.