If the acquisition costs for a plant trough seem too high to you, then there is another option for you. You can easily build your own planter.
What you need:
- 25 x Wood Screws
- 1 x Can of Wood Glue
- 1 * Drill
- 1 x wood drill (5 mm)
- 1 x wood countersink
- 1 * Screwdriver
Cut for your planter
You build a planter out of impregnated pine.
- Cut a sheet of impregnated pine 5cm thick to 100cm x 60cm. Then draw a line all the way around on one side 1 cm from the edge. On this line, drill a hole with a diameter of 5 mm every 10 cm.
- Now cut the side parts from 3 cm thick impregnated pine board. The dimensions are 100 cm x 60 cm each. Then drill 3 holes with a diameter of 5 mm on each side at a distance of 1 cm from the 60 cm edge.
- When you have cut your long side parts for your do-it-yourself planter, it is now the turn of the two short side parts. For the short side parts of your do-it-yourself planter, cut 3 cm thick impregnated pine boards to the dimensions 60 cm x 54 cm.
- These two plates are then screwed between your long side parts. Now you still need feet for your plant trough to build yourself. You also make these 5 cm x 5 cm feet from impregnated pine wood and cut all four to a length of 5 cm.
Build the flower box yourself
- Before you can assemble your do-it-yourself planter, you should first countersink all the drilled holes from one side. Then drill a couple of 5mm holes in the bottom plate at random locations. Water should be able to drain here later.
- Now take the side panels and coat the 100 cm long and 3 cm wide sides with wood glue. Put the 100 cm sides on the long sides of the base plate. Then screw the two side parts of your planter to your base plate to build it yourself.
- When this is done, also apply wood glue to the narrow sides of the small side parts and place these parts between the side parts on the base plate. Then screw the small side parts to the base plate and to your long side parts.
- Finally, glue the four foot parts and place a foot part in each corner of your base plate, then screw the foot parts to the base plate and your DIY planter is ready.
Before you screw in the wood screws, put some wood glue on the threads.